Friday, December 4, 2009

Anticipation


I am packing now for tonight's trip to Paris.  I am really excited, since I haven't been there for 5 months.
For me,  the preparation for a trip is part of the whole experience.  I like watching the weather, planning what clothing to take, checking out anything special that is happening and deciding what and where I want to shop, eat and visit.  The anticipation is delicious!
It is raining there now and it is supposed to rain all weekend.  I checked it out on several of my favorite live webcams, and it has been raining all day.  Actually, I check out the Eiffel Tower on my Google homepage every day.  It is probably my favorite gadget, and keeps me in touch with my favorite city (with apologies to Madrid which I do love, too).  Check it our for yourself at http://www.paris-live.com/.
I definitely plan on visiting the Eiffel Tower and seeing the special light show that is going on in celebration of her 120th birthday.  It takes place after the regular hourly light show and lasts for 12 minutes.  The lights are new "state of  the art" LED lights and I think it will be spectacular.  There is a video on youtube of the event, but I'm sure it doesn't begin to show how awesome it really will be.  I'll let you know when I get home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO5Nhbu-i_U 


What am I looking forward to the most?  A sweet, frothy French coffee, a fresh raisin croissant, a creamy pate de foie gras, a first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower, and walking down the Champs-Elysees under the Christmas lights.
I will be going to Paris three times this month, so I will have time later to indulge in some of my other favorite pleasures.  "Au revoir" for now.......and, just for the record, I speak truly horrible French, but I have usually been met with great kindness and a willingness to help.

No comments: