Tuesday, December 8, 2009




What a wonderful Saturday night I had in Paris.  It was really everything I had anticipated, and more. The Champs-Elysees was even more crowded than usual, despite the occasional rain shower, and the lights in the trees were more beautiful than ever.   This year the lights that enclose the trees  form large globules at the top of the trees that slide down the strands of lights in random patterns.  It is an amazing effect.
I ate dinner at Chez Clement, one of my favorite places on the Champs-Elysees.  Not only is the food excellent, but I can sit in the small enclosed patio and look directly at the Arc de Triomphe.

Here I should enclose a photo of that sight, but my camera gremlins were at it again, and even with a new battery my camera failed.  So I can only show you a photo of the restaurant itself.  If you click on the following link, it will take you to the restaurant's English website and you'll see a beautiful photo of the Arc de Triomphe and see how close it actually is to the restaurant.
http://www.chezclement.com/anglais/index.php?page=el
After dinner, I walked down the Champs-Elysees toward the Christmas Kiosks near the ferris wheel.  I veered off and strolled down Avenue Montaigne past the luxury fashion salons, where the trees were encased in red lights.  If my camera and I work things out,  I will post a photo of the lights after next week's trip.   Click on the link if you want to know more about this legendary shopping avenue.   ://www.parisvoice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=147&Itemid=37
I came upon a corner cafe where I could sit and sip a glass of red wine while I watched the fabulous new light show that Paris is putting on to celebrate the Eiffel Tower's birthday this coming year.  There is a link to a youtube video of the event in my last blog.  I sat under the cafe awning with a light mist falling and  Paris happening all around me.  I could not have been  more content.

I have one other Paris photo to share with you.  I saw three of these oriental patterned brocade patchwork coats on Saturday.  Two of them had the face of a geisha on the back panel and then this design.   Something new to me on the Paris fashion street scene.

No comments: